- 2½ cups store bought dried plain bread cubes or croutons
- 3 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 rib of celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs dried parsley or 2 tbs fresh parsley
- ½ tsp sage
- ¼ tsp marjoram
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1¼ cups chicken stock
- Dice up the onion and celery and set aside.
- Over medium heat, melt the butter and kosher salt in a large sauce pan.
- Pour in the onion, celery, and garlic.
- Cook until the vegetables are soft and the onion is see through.
- Throw in the herbs, spices and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil
- Mix in the bread cubes and cover
- Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Put it in your serving dish while fluffing it with a fork.